Monday, January 31, 2011

Critical Analysis Of First Draft Film Review:





I feel that my first draft of my film review was successful due to the amount of research I did into what makes a good film review, where I checked a variety of film magazines and online reviews and articles and looked at the positive and negative aspects of them (things that I did and didn't like). Then I tried to apply these to my first draft things such as editors ratings, image captions from the film and films the audience may also like really appealed to me, however the main thing that didn't appeal to me was most companies graph of prediction where they created a graph on how well they predicted the film to do. I tried to take into account all of these features and use what I felt were the better ones to make my film review look authentic.


In terms of how my film review looks I am very pleased with the way that my film review turned out. The format is probably one of my favourite features as I feel that the review looks professional and could pass for something you would read in a film magazine or online. I am pleased with the ratio of picture to words as I feel that if you have too many words you can loose the readers attention quickly, the same with using too many images. However I felt that using one main image to draw in the readers attention was particularly effective. In the same way I thought that positioning the text around the page made for a more interesting read rather than traditional left to right format. I was pleased with the variety of fonts I managed to use as I wanted the article to be clear to read. I felt the size of the text was suitable for the target audience to read easily and I thought that keeping the text colour simply black was the best idea to reinforce a formal feel. I used a variety of other features such as editors rating and films the readers may also like to try and engage with the readers more because I feel a successful article engages a lot with the reader and makes them want to read further on.

No comments:

Post a Comment