Monday, January 17, 2011

Ancillary Text 1: Film Poster: Critical Review




I feel that my first draft of my film poster is a good first draft as it has given me a rough idea of what I want my final draft poster to look like. I feel that I will have to change the size and layout of the poster and the font of the text in order to achieve synergy with my Final film review and short film, however the images that I have used shall be re-sized and reused. I felt that the ammount of research into film posters in general really helped me in terms of imagery and taglines to be used. i looked into blockbuster film posters as well as short film posters to understand the conventions of each and how I was going to apply those conventions to my poster.

In terms of how my poster looks I am pleased with the balance of text to images as this is key in a poster as if there is too much text people won't bother to read. However i feel that my text deffinately needs improving especially the font as not only does it not go with my other fonts therefore I am not achieving synergy with my other pieces, but also the fact that it is too small and hard to read. I felt that everything else was fine it is just those small changes that should be changed for my final draft

No comments:

Post a Comment