Monday, September 13, 2010

Character Analysis:

For my short film I had to cast four actors who would fit the roles of three spies and the spies Boss I used the following people as the following characters, The three spies photos are also the ones featured in their packages in the short film:



Daniel Parslow as: The first (main) spy, I chose Daniel because of his height and because I wanted to challenge some of the typical stereotypes of an Action/Western film by having a poweful blonde character rather than the stereotypical dark haired character.



Lewis- Harvey Mott as: The second spy, I chose Lewis because of his height and ability to act but also because he fits the bill of a stereotypical spy (tall, dark haired) therefore I still wanted to follow some the conventions of an action/western film by still following the stereotype.



Jordan Smith as: The third spy, i chose Jordan similar to Lewis because of his height and ability to act, he also fits into the whole challenging the hollywood stereotypes ordeal as I have not cast him because of her colour but because of acting skills and height as I felt these where essential to the spy's to give them power and make them seem more dominant than the boss especially for the ending scene.



James Hall as: The Boss, I chose james because of his looks and how he can act very serious and menacing at times. This is exactly how I wanted to portray my Boss character as I wanted it to seem that The Boss was in total control throughout the Short Film which lead in nicely to the twist ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment