Sunday, June 20, 2010

Final Decision: What I Am Going To Do





I am going to be creating a short film. I am currently researching the conventions of short films from what type and genre from animation to just normal footage and from comedy, action etc I will upload my findings to my blog and will decide on a final idea and genre.

My Brief is to: "Create A short film in its entirety, lasting approximately five minutes, which may be live action or animation or a combination of both, together with:
•a poster for the film
•a film magazine review page featuring the film"

I decided to go for the short film option instead of the advertisement, music promo or film trailer because I felt that I would have the better ideas for a short film and I have a vast range of options such as optimal shooting time of five minutes which gives me plenty of time. I have also very good skills using adobe photoshop and I feel that creating both a poster and movie review will not be as tough as say a radio broadcast with the advertising project.

At first I wanted to do a movie trailer however I felt that it was too challenging and that I did not have the skills needed in order to complete this task where I would have to shoot a lot of different scenes of the movie because that is what a movie trailer shows you where as a short film can have as little or as many settings possible. Also the music video and advertisement project I felt that I did not have the skills needed in terms of editing and again my ideas where limited however with the short film I can adapt from several ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment